Thursday, December 25, 2014

My Complete Gear List

Since I just attempted a thru hike a couple of years ago, I have most of my gear set for this next year. I didn't come off the trail because of poor gear choices, I was very happy with what I brought along. Here is the list of items that will be going with me:

Sleeping System
*Light Heart Gear Solo Tent w/Wedge
* REI  Sub Kilo Sleeping Bag
*Neo Air Mattress (not purchased yet)
* Tyvek Ground Cloth
* Cocoon Silk Sleeping Bag Liner
 
Packing System
*Osprey Aura 50 Backpack
*Sea to Summit Ultra Sil Pack Cover
*Sea to Summit Stuff Sacks
*Bear Vault Bear Cannister (From Kennedy Meadows to Sonora Pass only)
 
Cooking System
*JetBoil Titanium Sol Stove
*A Folding Bowl from REI
*An old Lexan Spoon from REI that I have used for years
*A Light Weight Cup (not purchased yet) for coffee
*A Bic Lighter

Water Collecting System
*MSR Sweetwater Filter
*3 Liter Platypus Bladder + 2 Soda Bottles
*Aqua Mira for emergency water purifying (e.g. if my filter breaks or clogs too badly)
*Life Straw

Mobility System
*Wilderness Press Guide Books (the pages torn out for each section)
*Ipad Mini and Iphone
*JetPack (personal, secure Wi-Fi)
*Ipod Shuffle
*Paperback Book
*Suunto Core Crush Multifunction Watch
*Suntactics sCharger 5 Solar Charger
*Black Diamond Trekking Poles
*Microspikes if needed for Fuller Ridge and the High Sierras
*Mammut Headlamp
*Permits and I.D.
*Half of a ThermaRest for a Sitting Pad

Clothing
*Sunglasses
*New Balance Trail Runners
*Dirty Girl Gaiters
*Buff
*WigWam and Darn Tough Sock, and Ininji Toe Socks
*Patagonia Puffy Jacket
*Marmot Mica Raincoat
*Sierra Designs Rainpants
*Sport Skirt
*Leggings
*Camp and Fording Sandals
Crossing Rock Creek in the High Sierras - 1999
*Down Pants (for the Sierras and Washington) Suggested by my friend RoadRunner
(Not purchased yet)

*Gloves
*Mosquito Head Net
*Short Sleeve Shirt
*Long Sleeve Desert Shirt
*Sports Bra
*Base Layer Long Sleeve Top
*Hat (to be determined)
*Personal Hygiene Products (TBD)

Emergency Items
*Mylar Blanket
*Duct Tape wrapped around trekking poles
*First Aid Kit to Contain: Alcohol Wipes w/needle for popping blisters, Ibuprofen, Prilosec, Glucosimine/Chondroitin, Wide Ace Bandage, 2 Rolls Sports Tape, Large Telfa Gauze Pads-3"x8", Large and Medium Self Adhesive Bandages-4"x3" and 4"x2", 10 Bandaids, 3M Steri Strips-1/4"x4", BandAid Butterfly Closures-Medium, Triple Antibiotic Cream, Domeboro Burn Dressing, and Hypergel Wound Dressing

 As I was musing on my last blog about what was working and what wasn't on the trail, I complained that the Tyvek was too noisy to set up where I wouldn't disturb people. I received a great tip from Where's Chris http://pctwhereischris.blogspot.com/ about how to wash my Tyvek so it would be quieter and the tip worked, my Tyvek is very quiet now, and will be included on the trip. I truly love the hiking community, they are so full of good sense and are willing to help anyone who asks. Thank you so much for all those who have given me helpful tips.
 


2 comments:

  1. Dang it anyways, already did a comment not sure what happened to it! Anyways....helloooooo Linda Lady! Since i haven't seen you all for quite some time now and I know that you're all missing me, cuz duh, how could you not!, I will be coming by Wednesday to visit! Yippee!!! I know, I know.....see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course we are missing you and excited to see you tomorrow. Glad you found my blog, did you see the sloth post?

      Delete