Saturday, October 4, 2014

Happy to be Planning for the Trail Again!

What do you know? I get to jump on this roller coaster of a trail once again! It sure is great to be back, planning for a through hike, and starting up the preparations one more time.



Not feeling well on the trail in 2013
How did this all come about, you may ask? The last time I blogged, it looked like I was going to have to go back to work for a very long time, and no breaks were in sight where I could leave for 5 months and hike this trail. My husband, Legasorus, Lego for short, had two heart attacks this past January,(see story here) http://thirdtimesthecharmpct.blogspot.com/ and throughout this year, our situation has been touch and go for a while. In upcoming posts, I will write about all the miracles we have experienced up to this point, that brought about this change and my ability to hike this trail again. The story is super cool!

 Please come back as often as you wish for more stories, videos, gear lists, and some great tips for new thru hikers and old ones alike. I am going to be a touch more honest about some of the harder parts of thru hiking, and some of the more embarrassing aspects that can crop up. It is not all fun and games out there, and my body can do some real stupid stuff at times. One thing I won't do is whine about my circumstances, stuff happens and I will deal with it. At the same time, I'm not going to hide the embarrassing things either.

I'm Linda by the way, formerly known as Pocahontas. I will not be going by this trail name this time around. So for now, just call me Linda. I'm happy to have you along for the ride. It will be worth your time.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment