Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Food Thoughts Completed!

O.K., I have my food choices down and they're going into my resupply boxes as we speak. Here is what I have decided to eat.


For 1st and 2nd Breakfast: First thing in the morning will be Poptarts or Clif Bars. I am using WinCo's brand for the poptarts since they are cheaper and I believe they have a little better flavor than Kellogg's. Some days I may have a box of pudding with nuts setting up instead. This should get me down the trail each morning until I get hungry for 2nd Breakfast. Then I will have cereal and milk. I know, I said I wasn't going to have cereal this time around in a past post. But as I got to thinking about my choices, I knew I didn't want to cook in the morning and the cereal will fill me up. My stomach will be able to handle it later on in the morning. I am using cereal that has at least 5 grams of protein, and one of the cereals (Cheerios Protein) has 11 grams.

Lunch: I am planning on using instant refried beans (WinCo has them in bulk and they are good) and tortillas. I will use this meal to be a little more creative when I get into towns and resupply for my lunches from stores. My plan calls for cheese, peanut butter, and meats like salami, tuna, and chicken. Add to these items my trail mix, and some assorted bars, like Power Bars and Protein Bars.

Dinner: This is the one meal I will mostly enjoy cooked on my stove. These are the meals we have already prepared and were stored in the freezer. I have soups, rice dishes, potato dishes, and of course my Couscous. Yum!
If I don't want to fire up my stove, the couscous can be soaked in water and eaten as is. Still Yum!!



Of course, I am totally bummed that this item will not be going with me. I contacted Smuckers about buying a few jars since the stores in my area don't carry this now, and they informed me that they don't make it anymore. Total Bummer!!! Something about lack of interest. What??? How could anyone not be interested in Hazelnut, Chocolate and Coffee?
 
 
So instead, I will at times have a jar of peanut butter, but never will I have Nutella. I just don't care for it. The other things you will never see me eating are fruits and vegetables. If I get handed a fresh piece of fruit from a trail angel, of course I will take it and be grateful, but I will give it to someone else who will appreciate it more instead of wasting it. Call me weird, but that's the way it is. Fruits and vegetables are no treat for me.
 
It is getting down to go time, just a few more showers, and sleep time in a soft bed. And as usual, a trail still runs through my dreams... and my meals.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly that love and read more on this topic. If possible, such as gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with additional information? It is very useful for me.
    greek yogurt makers

    ReplyDelete